Bosch Law Firm, Ltd.
Free consultation - Phones answered 24/7
651-243-2877 800-355-6503
The call is always free and there is never a fee unless we recover benefits for you
Work Comp Experts As Heard On KFAN
Proud To Protect Injured Workers

My workers' compensation claim was denied. Now what?

After suffering an on-the-job injury, you may not know where to turn. The first step, of course, is to report the injury to your employer and seek medical attention. You may go on to file a workers' compensation claim to receive benefits for your medical bills and any wages you lose during the recovery process.

But, what if your workers' compensation claim is denied? Now what?

Don't give up. Employers and insurance providers make mistakes and they wrongly deny benefits far too often. Your employer's insurer may have denied your claim in part or in full -- but you may still be able to obtain benefits.

Talk to an experienced and reputable attorney about your claim to ensure it is being handled properly. Many law firms in the Twin Cities will not charge you to discuss your options during an initial consultation. In fact, many will not charge you anything at all unless they accept your case and go on to win benefits for you.

In Minnesota, all employees generally have the right to receive workers' compensation benefits if they suffer on-the-job injuries or occupational illnesses, but sometimes you must enlist the help of a lawyer to get your employer or its insurance company to respect your rights.

Under the law, it doesn't matter who caused your accident. Even if you made a mistake, injuring yourself, you should qualify for benefits for your medical expenses and lost income. However, your employer might have denied your claim because:

  • The insurer thinks you had pre-existing conditions or prior injuries.
  • The insurer thinks you don't need to spend time off work or that you are ready to return to work now.
  • The insurer is skeptical that you suffered a workplace accident.
  • The insurer believes you were injured off-the-clock.
  • Your employer fails to carry workers' compensation insurance.

You do not have to accept the insurance company's refusal to pay you benefits. With an investigation of the accident, witness reports and medical documentation, you can argue your case and work to exercise your rights to benefits. A skilled lawyer can help you through this.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Started With A Free Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Bosch Law Firm, Ltd.
3900 Northwoods Drive, Suite 120
Saint Paul, MN 55112

Toll Free: 800-355-6503
Phone: 651-243-2877
Fax: 651-333-8301
St Paul Office Map

Review Us